Kolkata's best alukabli/aluchat


You smell like Wild Stone
By : Aparna Das/Date : 17.2.2018 
You are like Wild Stone. In the crowd people only notice you. I have left college for 8 years, yet you still in my mind  like a fresh fish bought from the Sonarpur, Rajpur market .  Yet when I walk through the back of the college, I look back and look back only once and look at you. Whenever I visit any city, whether it’s Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore I try to taste you . Every city, every colony (para) has their own story. Here my city Garia in Kolkata has it’s own famous Alukabli (Aluchat), Jhalmuri, Achaar. Yet the list is limited still there is a wonderful taste in your basket . By the way, than the basket, the owner of the basket is in the hands of magic. Akur Ali Purkait (32) a famous jhalmuri seller in Garia Dinabandhu Andrew’s College  premises. In Garia (South Kolkata, near Kavi Nazrul metro station) you can find lots of variety of street food. Like fuchka, different types of rolls, ghugni, alu kabli or alu chaat ,still you do not get Alukabli, jhalmuri  like Akur Ali's jhalmuri. From the age of 9, the hands of his father have been selling Alukabli, Achaar on the street behind Andrews College. One day I told Akur Ali, how do you make such a good alukabi, jhalmuri ? After hearing Akur Ali smiled and said, Didi (sister) it’s happens because of your love and affection. Then I asked him, Selling alukabali is it enough for your family survival? Again he smiled and said , well I’m very happy with my wife and two sons earning with it. Since 1993, I have been selling Alukabli, Achaar beside this college. Nobody has ever bothered me, everyone in the area loves me very much. Speaking to me, Akur Ali said to me, Sister (Didi) must return home early today, my wife is not well, doctors should be shown. Akur Ali went away. Even when he left, his Jhalmuri and the frozen smell of Achaar was turned on the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams unlimited

Real relative , who helps in a bad time

Love everyone, everything