Enthusiasm vs Experience which matters most?


Enthusiasm vs Experience which matters most?

For the last six years I have been working as a sub-editor on newspaper. As well as writing on newspaper my favorite pastime is to play with the words. So one time I decided to get out of my comfort zone, something new that would challenge me. Recently I had been to an organization for Copy writing position in a advertisement agency. Despite having no experience in the advertising world, I made a creative adv presentation and went to interview there. However after looking at me and my presentation the agency manager says maybe you are too new for our projects. So later I ask someone from one of my friend from another company who had years of experiences (on paper) in similar field an around 20+ years in age to visit the organization and delivered a similar presentation . And guess what happened... It really fascinate me and I started to experiment with different advertising agency. And the outcome was all of the agency were attracted toward experience. I found similar situation during interview too. Where the HR manager try to judge candidate based on experience rather than enthusiasm or you can say excellence. So in the battle of experience vs enthusiasm  whome would you consider? And as a HR manager how would judge the right candidate you're looking for during interview...? Yes, I agree that the experience is very much needed in any field. Despite this, newcomers should be given opportunities, especially those who have the power to do something new and exciting for the job. Sometimes the experience is only on paper.                                                                                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams unlimited

Real relative , who helps in a bad time

Love everyone, everything