গুড়ওয়ালা/ a molasses seller

O Gurwala /O Molasses seller



By : Aparna Das         Date : 6.2.2018

Now Kolkata has almost fade away from the winter , But wait... nolen gur is still very much  available in my para! Today when I am on the way to office, met with the familiar molasses Nazrul Seikh (50). He is familiar of mine because I have been seeing him since childhood. Every winter season from December to February he took  30-35 liter molasses on his head and sold it to .I asked him, how long have you been in this para? Nazrul said to me, that he has selling molasses in our neighborhood for more than 35 years. I asked him, exactly where do you live? He smiled and said to me,Ma again you have forgotten, I am coming from Shardah, Natra gram panchayat area in South 24 paragan (West Bengal).Is it not difficult for you to carry this bull from the farthest on your head? Again he smiled and said, Ma for stomach this hard work must be done , otherwise without it my family would die. But this 2-3 months of selling molasses how do you servibe the whole year? Nazrul replied, In another month I am doing color work. Now let’s find molasses all year round. How Nazrul kaka? Nazrul replied, now Restaurants and sweet shops are Turns out, it's the good technique of food processing and preservation. We generally preserve around 100 kg. Though the original flavour is lost when the gur is caramelized, adding that nothing is profitable,but customer satisfaction more than makes up for it. From childhood I have sold molasses from village village through holding  hands of father-in-law, so love and respect for gur is very profound, it is not judged by profit or loss.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams unlimited

Real relative , who helps in a bad time

Love everyone, everything