Gentleman with an extra gesture

A gentleman


By : Aparna Das  Date : 7.2.2018

On 16’th March in 2012 , I joined Aabar Jugantar Newspaper. I remember I went to the office on the first day. When I reached there I saw all new faces, do not know anyone. In my new office reception hall among the few women in my age, I saw an aged man sitting there. A girl from that group asked me, what is your name. I replied, my name is Aparna Das and your's ? She replied with her name. After that the groups started to talk to everyone. At the time I raised my hand towards that aged man and said to him, I am very happy to meet with you ! He smiled and said to me, I have the same feeling of meeting with you. I said, I am much younger  than you ,so not ‘apni’, you can call me ’tumi’. Again he laughs and replied , who is elder or younger than me, I say to everyone ‘apni’. After this talk, my respect and curiosity increased  to the man. Working in the office within a few days I saw that there has different sub-groups have been developed. Everyone talks about someone or someone. But for a day I did not see him criticizing anyone behind someone.That time he was the Associate (city editor) of Aabar Jugantar Newspaper. I saw him always busy with his work. In the office I did not see him loud to anyone, he used to be very calm and humble. Jisu Da was so good to newspaper owner to lift man everyone same in the office. When he gets angry , he keeps it under control. Jugantar closed on 15’th April in 2013. Then we all became separated from each other. But still only connected with Jisu Da and it will be rest of my life. Every talk spoken to him is a very good experience for me. In my life, I kept Jisu Da at my parents next place. I totally owe my career in print media  to Jisu Chaudhuri because I have such a great experience working with him from the initial time to now. Jisu Da never bothered people with his problems. I don’t think he even have anyone to share his problems or disappointments with. Whenever he feels upset — whether about his job/article not paying well or anything personal, he always calm and quite . Simultaneously he always encouraged people to be positive. Whenever I feel bored or child, all the time I share with him my thoughts my feelings . He does not want to see me sad. Good to say, not only me, he does not want to see anyone sad face in front of him. He touched 76 years still he does not speaks no one about his physical weakness. It’s difficult to find a real Gentleman these days .I believe still we have Gentleman  like Jisu Chaudhuri. He just express his Gentlemanly ways in differently . Certainly  he never swear in front of men or women in public at all, for that matter. Personally and professionally as far as I know him,  he has strong moral code. He knows well different between right and wrong , and there are no grey areas in between. He won’t compromise that for anyone. I remember one day I suddenly said in the official chat, let we have one day office wine testing party in front of Jisu Da. He just heard my voice and softly said, for that this is not the right place, our office is a worshiping place like a temple. He doesn’t need to resort to threats or abuse to get his point of view across; he does it quietly, but with authority. He is dignified in all he does. Here I am sorry to say, his age of 76 still many young people see him in jealousy. Sometimes he might be too bore. His humor is a subtle and intelligent that he does in any conversation with any person and maintaining it with ease .He always takes pride in his appearance. It does not mean that Jisu Da always wear expensive clothes and shoes. He used to wear a clean Punjabi and kurta with a cotton yarn bag. He have not forgotten the art of romance .He loves his wife Ibha Chaudhuri very much. In my experience with him, he never back on his word. That’s why I can trust him like my parents. He strongly does believe in being faithful and would never even cheating an anyone. Seen him in all these aspects I can say, he is such a Gentleman with an extra gesture .           








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dreams unlimited

Real relative , who helps in a bad time

Love everyone, everything